The Electoral Commission has announced January 14, 2021 as the date for presidential elections.
The EC chairperson, Justice Simon Byabakama on Wednesday said presidential candidates will start campaigns on November 9, 2020 and end on January 12, 2021 before polls take place on January 14th.
Just like it has been during the past elections, next year’s presidential election will fall on the same date as the parliamentary elections.
This time around, eleven candidates have been nominated and will be battling it out for the top office.
1. Nancy Kalembe (Independent)
2. Joseph Kabuleta (Independent)
3. John Katumba (Independent)
4. Willy Mayambala (Independent)
5. Robert Kyagulanyi Ssentamu (National Unity Platform)
6. Yoweri Museveni (NRM)
7. Nobert Mao (Democratic Party)
8. Patrick Amuriat (Forum for Democratic Change)
9. Lt Gen (Rtd) Henry Tumukunde (Independent- under the Renewed Uganda Platform)
10. Maj Gen Mugisha Muntu (Alliance for National Transformation)
11. Fred Mwesigye (Independent)
Lee Ray is a qualified journalist dedicated to inform and update you with News, Gossip, Entertainment, Showbiz and Music!